Gallo Vitucci Klar LLP’s Life Sciences Group is highly specialized and experienced in representing and defending manufacturers and distributors of medical devices, home and institutional use medical devices, over-the-counter drugs, generic and brand pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and other health care products in state and federal courts. Specifically, our team of experienced lawyers has defended manufacturers, distributors and retailers of pain pumps, various orthotic and electrical stimulation devices, emergency response monitoring systems and pharmacology products, as well as devices pending FDA approval. We have extensive experience with the FDA approval and reporting process.
What really sets our Life Science Group apart from other defense firms is that each of the attorneys in the group is highly experienced (15 years+) in this specialized practice area. Our attorneys make it their business to know their clients and their operations thoroughly. Our attorneys appreciate that businesses in the life sciences industry traverse new frontiers daily, requiring them to keep abreast of current issues affecting their business, as well as anticipating future issues.
The firm assigns a low number of cases to each attorney so that the proper care can be given to each file. We do not have a “high volume” practice. The goal for handling a life sciences matter is to resolve the case in the most cost-efficient and time-efficient manner possible. Therefore, every action taken by our attorneys in connection with a life sciences matter is intended to further the chances of obtaining a summary dismissal and/or a cost-efficient resolution.
Medical Product Liability Case Results
- Represented a manufacturer and distributor of medical alert systems in multiple product liability actions wherein it was alleged that a faulty system delayed arrival of medical personnel, causing injury to the plaintiffs.
- Represented a manufacturer of pain pumps in multiple product liability actions wherein the plaintiffs alleged that they suffered from glenohumeral chondrolysis following arthroscopic shoulder surgery while a pain pump was used to administer continuous local anesthetics to the shoulder.
- Represented a manufacturer of hip implants wherein the plaintiff alleged that the failure of the product resulted in multiple revision surgeries.
- Represented a manufacturer of generic phenytoin/fosphenytoin (Dilantin) in multiple product liability actions wherein it was alleged that the drug caused the plaintiffs to develop Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and/or toxic epidermal necrolysis.
- Represented manufacturers of dietary supplements in multiple products liability actions wherein it was alleged that the plaintiffs suffered from hepatic failure, resulting in damage to the liver and, in some cases, emergency liver transplants.
- Represented a distributor of defibrillators wherein it was alleged that a faulty lead resulted in cardiac arrest of the plaintiff.
- Represented a manufacturer of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) Units in multiple products liability actions wherein it was alleged that the plaintiffs suffered burns from faulty units.
- Represented a manufacturer of stomach stapling devices wherein it was alleged that the manufacturer violated the protocols of its investigational device exemption (IDE) from the FDA, resulting in the plaintiff’s injuries.